Critical LalBrew Kveik Voss Info
Flavor and Aroma
Relatively neutral at high temperatures, slight orange and citrus notes
Ideal Styles for Fermentis Yeast Name
- American Pale Ale
- Blonde Ale
- Norwegian farmhouse ale (Kveik)
- American IPA
- Hazy IPA
- Black IPA
- Red IPA
- Red Ale
- Robust Porter
- American Stout
- Winter Seasonal Beer
- English IPA
- Extra Special Bitter
- American Strong Ale
- Cream Ale
- American Amber Lager
- American Brown Ale
- White IPA
- Imperial IPA
Voss Kveik Alternatives
- Kveik Lutra
Ideally at 35-40°C (95-104°F)
Pitching Voss Kveik
Dry pitching is the preferred method of inoculating wort.
This method is simpler than rehydration and will give more consistent fermentation performance and reduce the risk of contamination.
- To dry pitch, simply sprinkle the yeast evenly on the surface of the wort in the fermenter as it is being filled.
- The motion of the wort filling the fermenter will aid in mixing the yeast into the wort.
- For LalBrew Voss™, there are no significant differences in fermentation performance when dry pitching compared to rehydration.
With Prior Rehydration
- Sanitize the upper part of the yeast pack and scissors using ethanol 70% before opening.
- Take the amount of yeast you need and sprinkle it onto the surface of 10 times its weight in clean, sterilized water at a temperature of 30-35°C (86-95°F).
- Leave the yeast undisturbed for 15 minutes, then gently stir it to completely suspend the yeast.
- Let it sit for an additional 5 minutes at 30-35°C (86-95°F).
- Attemperate (gradually adjust) the temperature of the yeast to match that of your wort by mixing small amounts (aliquots) of wort into the yeast solution every 5 minutes until they reach the same temperature.
To keep LalBrew Voss™ yeast fresh and active, store it in a vacuum-sealed package in dry conditions below 4°C (39°F). If the package has lost vacuum, do not use it.
Once opened, re-seal the pack tightly, store it in a dry place below 4°C (39°F), and use the yeast within three days. If you re-seal the package immediately after opening it under vacuum, you can store the yeast below 4°C (39°F) until the expiry date printed on the pack.
As long as you store the yeast properly and before the expiry date, you should get good performance. However, some strains of Lallemand dry brewing yeast can handle brief periods under sub-optimal conditions.